If you're looking for a home that combines the rustic charm of a farmhouse with the free-spirited vibe of bohemian style, then the Farmhemian aesthetic might be just what you need. This unique blend of styles is all about creating a warm, welcoming space that's both down-to-earth and eclectic. In this post, we'll explore what makes a home Farmhemian, and provide you with some essential tips and ideas to help you achieve the look.
What is Farmhouse?
The farmhouse style is a design aesthetic that is all about creating a cozy, welcoming space that feels like home. It's a style that's often associated with rural living, with its roots in traditional farmhouses. The farmhouse look is characterized by natural materials, such as wood and stone, and neutral colors, such as beige, cream, and white. Rustic furniture, such as farmhouse tables and wooden benches, is also a staple of the farmhouse style.
What is Bohemian?
Bohemian, or Boho for short, is a free-spirited, eclectic style that draws inspiration from a range of different cultures and eras. It's all about creating a space that feels lived-in and personal, with an emphasis on bold colors, patterns, and textures. Bohemian decor often includes items like vintage rugs, macrame wall hangings, and decorative pillows with tassels and fringe.
The Farmhemian aesthetic is all about blending the rustic charm of a farmhouse with the free-spirited vibe of bohemian style. It's a look that's both warm and inviting, and that encourages you to kick off your shoes and relax. Here are some essential elements of a Farmhemian home:
1. Natural Materials: Farmhemian decor relies heavily on natural materials, such as wood, stone, and woven textiles. Look for furniture made from reclaimed wood or distressed metal, and incorporate plenty of plants to bring a touch of the outdoors inside.
2. Warm Colors: The Farmhemian look is all about warm, cozy colors that make you feel at home. Think earthy browns, warm reds, and deep greens. You can also add pops of color with bohemian-inspired textiles, such as colorful rugs or throw pillows.
3. Cozy Textures: Texture is a key element of the Farmhemian aesthetic, so don't be afraid to layer on the blankets, pillows, and rugs. Look for textiles with interesting textures, such as knits, weaves, and fringe.
4. Vintage Finds: Farmhemian style is all about creating a space that feels lived-in and personal. Incorporating vintage or thrifted finds is a great way to achieve this look. Think antique mirrors, vintage signs, and quirky decor items.
5. Personal Touches: Finally, don't forget to add your own personal touches to your Farmhemian home. Display family photos, hang up artwork that you love, and incorporate items that have special meaning to you.
The Farmhemian aesthetic is a beautiful blend of two popular design styles. By combining the rustic charm of a farmhouse with the free-spirited vibe of bohemian style, you can create a space that's warm, and welcoming.